Unlike other sites where you can log miles and log your calories, or learn about healthy living, BeeWell for Life gives you an incentive to make those changes. Your actions earn points that translate into donations for two worthy causes: the American Diabetes Association® and WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease.
There are three ways to earn points for donations through BeeWell for Life®:
- Activity Points: Earn points by logging up to 18 different fitness activities, completing wellness challenges, or logging the miles you walk, run or bike.
- Social Points: Social points are easy—just rate an article or share a recipe.
- Product Points: Eating smart starts with shopping smart. Earn 3 points for each UPC code you enter for eligible Bumble Bee® products, including our other brands, Brunswick®, Beach Cliff®, Coral®, Snows® and King Oscar® products.
Each mile is worth 3 points. A point is worth $0.10 in donations towards your selected cause, so each mile raises $0.30.
You can select one or both of our partner causes to earn donations for when you register. If you select more than one cause, your points earned will be divided equally among the causes. You can change your choice of cause(s) at any time by going to the My Profile page.
In the event that the $12,500 monthly donation maximum is reached, users and causes will continue to accumulate points but this will not result in additional donations. They will be able to earn additional donations beginning the following month.
We are honored to support these three special causes that are making a difference in the lives of many.
- The American Diabetes Association® is dedicated to preventing and curing diabetes and to improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes. Find out more.
- WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease is the only national organization dedicated to promoting women’s heart health through advocacy, education, and patient support. Find out more.
Yes, you will need to be logged into your account in order to earn points for logging your miles, logging fitness activities, and sharing and rating articles and recipes.
Please reference the chart on the Donation Program page for the daily maximums for earning points.
Wellness challenges encourage you to make healthy changes in your life such as "ride your bike instead of driving to the store" or "introduce a new vegetable at dinner." Each challenge is worth 3 points and there is no limit to how many you complete per day.
Bumble Bee has already donated a total of $100,000 to our causes in 2013. Each month, the BeeWell community has the opportunity to raise up to $12,500 in donations combined across both causes. Bumble Bee has committed up to $250,000 in total donations for the 2013 program.
Your body needs the right nutrition to keep you on your active path. Bee Nutritious helps you do just that! Each week, you’ll find articles, helpful tips, and recipes from Willow & Stephanie that are both nutritious and delicious. Read their latest articles here.
Stephanie Clarke and Willow Jarosh are the co-owners of C&J Nutrition, a nutrition communications firm and nutrition counseling practice based in New York City. Both Stephanie and Willow are registered dietitians with graduate degrees in nutrition communications, and backgrounds ranging from clinical nutrition to corporate wellness and health and nutrition writing. Find out more about Willow and Stephanie here
The best path to a healthy life is to combine nutrition with physical activity. Bee Active offers you tips and resources to keep you motivated on your quest for fitness. Enjoy articles from fitness expert Jennifer Grayeb. Read the latest articles here
Jennifer Grayeb, also known as "She's a Fit Chick," is a certified personal trainer and healthy living advocate. She is the author of shesafitchick.com, a blog where she provides practical tips about health, fitness, nutrition, and personal growth. Learn more about Jennifer here